(including patient resource audits)
Do you want to stay relevant and competitive in the healthcare industry?
Today healthcare providers not only need to offer excellent patient care, but a positive customer experience as well.
Patients now expect high-quality healthcare teamed with exceptional customer service. They want to feel that you’re genuinely interested in their overall health and wellbeing, and they’re not just another ‘number in the system’.
Patient resources, such as patient handbooks, fact sheets, brochures and regular emails can help you foster those patient relationships. And improved patient experience means a better client retention rate and a more successful business.
Let me help
I can produce:
- Patient handbooks — important information about your practice, which means less time on the phone answering the same old questions.
- Fact sheets — information on conditions, treatments and services.
- Appointment follow-up leaflets — key information following common patient procedures.
- Newsletter content — regular articles about current health issues, trends and research.
- Email content — so you can stay in touch with your clients while offering them valuable health information.
“Very professional. Highly recommended.”
Nerissa has been very professional in her approach to delivering us a range of high-quality health related content for our website. I would highly recommend her writing services for any similar projects.
“So easy to work with. Can’t recommend highly enough.”
I recently engaged Nerissa of The Melbourne Health Writer to complete some work for a new product being launched. Nerissa was so easy to work with, required little direction, and completed the work in what was a VERY tight deadline. I couldn’t recommend her highly enough.
“Able to translate complex subject matter for a general audience.”
Nerissa assisted with the development of a number of fact sheets about mental health and psychiatry for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. I engaged Nerissa due to her experience with the subject matter, professional approach when dealing with senior clinicians and experts and ability to distil and translate complex subject matter for a general audience. I found her to be extremely professional, well organised and able to work flexibly with our requirements. I would recommend Nerissa for your next content project.
Patient resource audit
Sometimes you need someone external to your organisation to audit your patient resources in order to improve them.
Maybe they’re old and out-of-date.
Maybe they don’t reflect the patient journey as well as they could.
Perhaps they’re too complex or overwhelming for your patients to understand, and they just don’t engage people as they should.
With my Patient Resources Audit, I can:
- determine if your current suite of publications is best for your target audience
- develop an information architecture that better reflects the patient journey
- identify any gaps in your current publications
- identify publications that could be merged with others
- re-write and update your patient publications, so they reflect the most up-to-date medical research and best practice information.
- translate complex medical jargon into accessible plain language information your patients will understand
- ensure that the language, tone and approach of your patient publications are appropriate and take into account patient-centred language and the patient journey
- develop a Style Guide to ensure all publications consistently use the same language/tone, grammar, spelling, formatting and referencing styles.
- re-purpose content for web or social media posts.
If you’re ready to conduct your patient resource audit, contact me today to book in your briefing call.
"Professional, flexible and extremely reliable."
Macular Disease Foundation Australia worked with Nerissa to undertake an audit and redevelopment of our health publications over a staggered 12-month period. We needed someone with skill and expertise in health writing and she hit the brief immediately. Nerissa was professional, flexible and extremely reliable. I would certainly recommend her talents.
"Exceptional attention to detail."
I would highly recommend The Melbourne Health Writer.
Nerissa was fantastic to work with. She was extremely efficient and always responded promptly to emails. Nerissa responded to all comments and suggestions made by our reviewers and was happy to review the resource several times. She liaised with us directly if she was unsure of what was required in certain areas. It made the entire review process exceptionally smooth sailing and we really appreciate Nerissa’s time and the effort and exceptional attention to detail she has put into this project. Thank you, Nerissa!
Want to offer more to your patients?
Need my help?
I'm Nerissa Bentley
I'm a health communications specialist and I've helped many health institutions, national brands and medical organisations develop credible, thoroughly-researched, easy-to-understand health content. Now I'm ready to help you.
Want to chat?
As featured on Clever Copy Chats
As featured on The Hot Copy Podcast
As featured on The Morning Kick
As featured in the 2022 Good Health Guide