Google-friendly copy for health and medical websites
While it’s nice to have a swanky-looking website, it’s the words on your site that do a lot of the hard work and help you rank in Google.
And if you don’t rank in Google, do you even exist? (Well, you do, but not many people will find you!)
But ranking in Google is just one piece of the puzzle. Your health and medical website must also:
- be easy for users to navigate
- connect with your ideal customers
- clearly outline who you are, what you do, and how you help
- contain credible, easy-to-read, useful health information without complex jargon and medical gobbledygook
- encourage users to take action.
And if you’re an Australian health practitioner, your site must also comply with the AHPRA advertising guidelines. (Learn more about my AHPRA-compliant web packages).
Yes, it’s a lot of boxes to tick which can be totally overwhelming.
But I can help, so you can stop worrying.
“Excellent web copy. Highly recommended.”
Nerissa comes highly recommended. Excellent web copy developed within the specified time frame and with zero issues. Well done Nerissa, and thank you again for your help.
Why you need me to write your health and medical website
1. I’m an experienced health and medical copywriter, so understand how to connect with patients and the wider community.
2. I’m trained in SEO copywriting, which means I can write SEO-optimised copy that not only speaks to your target audience but Google as well. In other words, the copy I write will help you climb the Google rankings. You can read about how I climbed to the top of Google, using the same techniques I’ll use on your website.
3. I’ve written for peak health organisations and global companies including The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, Macular Disease Foundation Australia, TerryWhite Chemmart, Bupa, Carers Australia and many more. I’ve also written for many individual health practitioners.
4. I have a thorough understanding of AHPRA’s Advertising Guidelines and know how to write credible, compliant copy.
5. I can provide advice about the structure of your health and medical website based on best-practice to enhance user experience.
6. I can write about various health conditions, which will help you provide further value to your patients.
7. I can find the right keywords that help bring your ideal patients right to your website.
8. I can create powerful, AHPRA-compliant copy to turn website visitors into loyal patients.
9. I deliver high-quality work, can make complex topics easy to understand, am reliable, easy to work with and will meet your deadlines.
What you get
Every package includes:
- A detailed briefing questionnaire
- Up to 60 minutes of one-on-one briefing time
- Research of two of your industry and competitors
- Site information architecture advice (i.e. advice on how to structure your website)
- Suggestions for images to include on your website
- Tone and formatting guidelines for this, and future projects
- Up to 600 words of SEO-optimised copy, per page
- Title and meta descriptions
- 2 rounds of FREE revisions, to make sure your copy is just right
- 1 round of FREE proofreading, to ensure error-free copy.
Copy is provided in a Copy Deck format which can be sent directly to your web developer.
What about AHPRA compliance for health practitioners?
If you’re a registered health practitioner in Australia, you know you need to comply with AHPRA’s Advertising Guidelines.
If you fail to meet these Guidelines you could be fined up to $120,000!
Unfortunately, these can be hard to understand.
And when you’re busy running a practice and treating patients, you just don’t have time to navigate these guidelines AND check that your advertising complies.
That’s where I can help.
Not only can I write you a health and medical website that is found on Google, and connects with your ideal patients, I ensure that it complies with AHPRA’s Advertising Guidelines.
An AHPRA-compliant website that does that hard work for you plus total peace of mind that you’re not in danger of breaching those guidelines.
Check out my AHPRA-compliant web packages designed especially for Australian health practitioners.
SEO Keyword research – starting at $450 (+GST)
Your SEO strategy won’t work unless you’re targeting the right words. I conduct the necessary research to determine which keywords or phrases will help your health and medical website rank in Google. Each report includes:
- Recommended keywords to target
- Details of current search volume for each keyword
- How easy it will be to rank for these keywords or phrases
- Which website currently ranks #1 for each keyword or phrase
Tone of Voice Guidelines (Brand Voice Guidebook) – starting at $2,900 (+GST)
A curated document capturing what your business stands for to ensure greater clarity and consistency to your brand, All TOV guidelines include:
- your vision/mission
- your brand + USP
- voice guidelines
- your brand principles
- your brand personality
- customer avatars
- Style Guide
- plus bonus ‘Writing Checklist’.
Read more about Tone of Voice Guidelines.
“Amazing to work with.”
I am highly thankful to Nerissa for helping me overhaul my website copy, as well as developing engaging content for my patients. Nerissa worked hard to find the right keywords on each page and helped me undertake valuable market research. She also gave me helpful suggestions that I could immediately implement to improve my website SEO.
She made the whole process a breeze with recorded instructional videos that I could play back in my own time which helped guide me through her suggestions and thought processes. Her style of health writing was exactly what I had in mind that I could not put on paper myself. I found Nerissa to be amazing to work with and I highly recommend her at the Melbourne Health Writer to anyone in need of medical health writing.
"Wonderful to deal with."
Thoroughly enjoyed working with Nerissa. She was wonderful to deal with and really helpful navigating website copywriting. Really happy with the final result and looking forward to working with her again.
Ready to get started on your website?
Frequently asked questions
I'm not a health practitioner. Can you still write my copy?
Of course! I work with a large range of health and medical clients ranging from large companies to individual health practitioners. .
How long does it take?
Usually, I can get a first draft of a 5-page website done in a week, after the briefing and discussion process is complete. We then have 14 days to make revisions and polish the copy. The total turnaround time is usually 3-4 weeks.
Why is keyword research extra?
What is a TOV and why do I need one?
Can I see samples of other websites you've written?
I don't have a web design yet. Can you still write my copy?
Absolutely. Often the web copy informs the design of the website. My services include suggestions for the structure of your website, as well as visuals such as images, icons and contact forms.
I already have a web design. Can you still write my copy?
Yes. I often work with clients in conjunction with their web developers. If you show me your design, I can write copy to suit.
How do I get started?
Head on over to my contact page to send me a message about which package you want. I’ll then get back to you and we can start the briefing process. Please note, that I require 50% of the fee upfront, before I start writing.
“Listens to her clients and can adapt her voice to suit the project.”
I would highly recommend Nerissa for your next project. As a private counsellor seeking to upgrade my website and attract traffic, she listened well to my needs and wants, and was able to deliver quality writing well within our timeframes and deadlines.
“Fantastic to work with.”
This is the second time I’ve worked with Nerissa and it was so great having her help with SEO and copywriting. Her attention to detail is superb and I am so happy with the final copy. Thank you, Nerissa!
Ready to get started on your website?
Need my help?
I'm Nerissa Bentley
I'm a health communications specialist and I've helped many health institutions, national brands and medical organisations develop credible, thoroughly-researched, easy-to-understand health content. Now I'm ready to help you.
Want to chat?
As featured on Clever Copy Chats
As featured on The Hot Copy Podcast
As featured on The Morning Kick
As featured on The Clever Copywriting School
As featured in the 2022 Good Health Guide
ON THE BLOG
When trade marking my business logo, the tech giant called Apple tried to thwart me. But I fought back and I won. Find out how!
Want to know the real reason bullsh*t health information makes me angry and why I will never compromise my value of telling the truth?
Complying with AHPRA Advertising Legislation can be tricky. Read how I have helped clients create compliant copy.
Read about how the Melbourne Health Writer has successfully written a large number of patient resources.